Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Is it real or is it Memorex

I am reminded of this commercial often as I sit and ponder if a behavior is part of the bi-polar disorder or just a personality thing. I don't really know how to separate the two. My once committed Christian husband, now denies that Jesus ever existed, even as a historical figure. He is now convinced that Christianity and all religions for that matter is a ploy to subdue the masses. Christianity was a way for the "white, upper-class, European" to rule over the everyday people. It is a way to get their money and get them to do whatever they are told. This is a man who just a few short weeks ago, would be the first to witness to anyone. I was amazed by how he could talk to complete strangers about Jesus. How he could quote the Bible better than anyone I have ever known. And now this complete turn around. But was all the talk about the Bible and Jesus just another expression of a manic episode and now is this just part of a paranoia that I have read that is common with bi-polar disorder. It is so hard to even know who my real husband is, who I married and who he will be in the future. How do you know who you love, if you don't even know who you are married to? I have no idea from day to day, who I will wake up next to and who I will go to sleep with at night. These two people can be two completely different people. I would love to hear from others about there experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment