Saturday, July 3, 2010

How much More

How much can I take. Is it so wrong to just want some stability in my life, and not have to wait until the day he walks out. Maybe that day will never come, but the threat looms over my head and heart like a dark cloud, just waiting until the day the rain starts pouring down on me and never stops. Some days I wish he would stop threatening and just leave, I think waiting for the day he leaves is worse then when he actually leaves. But then again I love that man and do not want him to leave. Why can't he be committed to me, to this marriage and say that no matter what we are in this together. I can say that, even with all that I put up with on a day to day basis. And yet it is not in him to say, this disease, disorder whatever it is keeps him prisoner and won't let him go. I pray day and night for him and feel like my prayers fall on deaf ears for this is no change. Only God can help me, help us, but will He? Is He listening? Does He care? I am tired of replaying this same old tape, day in and day out. I try to be strong but feel so weak. Some days it would be easier to just curl up in a ball and never get out of bed. But I am fighting against time, nature, Satan, who knows, but I am fighting. But when does the rest come, when does the peace come, when can I stop? If anyone out there knows, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. My son has been reading about bi-polar because some radio personality to whom he's listened for 15 years has shared some of the trials. It's such a strange disorder. Once they find just the ride prescription dosage and the person gets "normalized" they right away want to stop taking it.

    My prayers are with you and with him. I have to wonder, though, if you wouldn't be better off if he did leave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, I wonder all the time if I wouldn't be better off if he left, but I pray that my love for him is somehow stronger than this disorder.

    ReplyDelete